What is Mail Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Slack?
Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
Slack is a collaboration hub for work, no matter what work you do. It’s a place where conversations happen, decisions are made and information is always at your fingertips. With Slack, your team are better connected.
Create Slack Message
SETTING UP SLACK
SETTING UP SLACK
- Select the SLACK from list of service
- Click "LOGIN WITH SLACK" for connect with slack app
- (The new Popup window will open)
- Click on Allow to allow Mail Director to access your Slack account for creating Tasks
- Close the popup window
- Click settings
- Click Create New
- Select "SLACK" App
- Service Name is the name provided by you for your service
- Enter the Service Name
SEND MESSAGE TO
- Choose the particular option in which you need to send message
- You can send message to channel & member
Channel or Member
- Choose the particular option which you need to send message
- Send message action will send your email into the Slack
- Select the send message check box
- Click save to save the configuration
SEND MESSAGE BY USING SERVICE
SEND MESSAGE TO SLACK
Click on Maildirector add-on
Open the mail that need to save
Select the Service of Slack
Clicking on Service Save will open the following fields
- Subject as "Subject"
- Message as "Message"
This field has the subject of the mail.
This field contains the message body